Subject: Re: small worlds and better than ransom
From: simo <s@ssimo.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:55:21 -0400

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 03:39 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> If you're describing internal competition, this is a management
> problem, not a problem with competition per se.

No, it was not internal, I was talking about competition between
companies, but I think it applies also to competition between unrelated
FLOSS projects.
In both cases you don't have a common manager, and competition on the
field requires the project to provide the same list of features of the
adversary +1 (I am greatly simplifying of course), or you have to spend
a lot of time educating why you don't provide a specific feature the
other implements.

Simo.