Subject: Re: So... Re: offering pre-purchases
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:07:32 -0700

begin Stephen J. Turnbull quotation of Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 04:55:50PM +0900:

>  > VCs right now rely almost entirely on nepotism to find deals.  My
>  > claim is that they can build markets that will reliably produce
>  > deals -- but they actually need to help make those markets.
>
> By which you mean they should be subsidizing you and anybody who looks
> like you, right?  Maybe ....

Or VCs could be trading away some innovation risks
that are dependencies for something they do own "IP"
on.  Invest in a movie subscription service, trade
contracts on the invention of a cheap 1TB hard drive.
Invest in an online document collaboration service,
trade on merge algorithms that work on XML.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/