Subject: Re: So... Re: offering pre-purchases
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:58:11 -0700

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> If you (and Tom) can't come up with more interesting hedges based on
> technological risk than that, why should our cranially cramped friends
> with the overstuffed wallets be expected to?

They either get the generalized characteristics of the topology of the
dynamic
design-space state of software -- or they don't.   If they get it,
they'll fit
financing models to it.

I think that (on the basis of things like glimpsing think-tank reports) that
they almost get software but are missing one or two AHA! moments
in understanding the nature of their business.   There are a few VCs who
really "get" software but they tend also to be cynics who are mining veins
that few see rather than trying to construct a repeatable win.

-t