Subject: Re: Business plan for Messieurs Lord & Turnbull
From: "David Welton" <davidnwelton@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:20:28 +0200

> Why don't you sit down and write the "definitive" book on the
> economics and business of free software?

As a precaution in case anyone thinks my (early morning) note was a
snarky response to their conversation: it was not.  I would *love* to
see the wisdom of this list over the years distilled into an
approachable book on the current "state of the art" in free software
businesses.  What's been tried, what works, what doesn't, open
questions, the underlying economics, and so on.

Heck, I think it'd be fun to work on myself, just that there are more
qualified people out there, including the two gentlemen in the
subject, both of whom, if I'm not mistaken, are in industries where
publishing something is valuable for one's reputation.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
http://www.welton.it/davidw/