Subject: Re: Patent prior art database
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:37:21 -0700

begin Thomas Lord quotation of Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 01:49:47PM -0700:

> I also suggest, if you're talking about software, considering
> Mr. Rosen's OSL (Open Source License).   It has OSI approval.
> It has FSF approval.   Nevertheless, it theoretically gives you
> ways to still make licensing money off of your invention!  IMO
> it is a terribly under-appreciated license.

What makes OSL different?  Can't you dual-license
with any reciprocal license, MySQL-style?

Sounds like there's a market for an Open Disclosure
Journal -- a print publication that would accept
properly formatted disclosures (to save editor pay)
from paying subscribers, and send free subscriptions
to university libraries and patent offices.

--
Don Marti                                               +1 415-734-7913 mobile
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/