Subject: RE: software patents are (almost) good
From: "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:20:42 -0700

> Nudge nudge to Mr. Rosen if he cares to give a professional opinion but
> mine is along these lines:
>
> If you're selling ROMs as a mechanism of distribution well, then,
> bully for you.   If you're selling a device incorporating such ROM's
> in a non-generic way, bully for me.   In fact, I can see (imo) how
> your all-but-the-ROMs-included device, designed for the ROMs in
> question, would infringe in a contributory way.

I'm sorry, Thomas, I don't want to rise to that challenge on a public list.

But being an inveterate chatterer, I will suggest that that's not at all how
patent issues are framed in court. You're spewing bully here rather than
real law, but I'm not going to help. :-)

Perhaps someone else will be braver than I.

/Larry