Subject: Re: Thoughts on GPL
From: "Jonathan Shapiro" <jsshapiro@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:40:03 -0800

>I don't think it's giving away too much to say that if Cygnus's past
>performance and future prospects were that lame, I'd be out of here
>(my wife's a Valley headhunter, she'd never stand for it).  Sorry to
>tease, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

In spite of how my comments may come across, I'm very glad that you folks
are doing well.  There are a lot of good people at Cygnus who have put in a
lot of good work, and I think they deserve the rewards.

Stan has suggested gently that Cygnus may be in a pre-IPO phase.  If so,
there are severe limits on what they can say in response to my comments
While talking about *past* performance is okay legally, it's probably unwise
for them to do so if they are in that mode.

The reason I mention it is to point out that Cygnus keeping quiet is not the
same as Cygnus not having a good response.

shap