Subject: Re: www.opensource.org/secrets.html
From: Eric Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:10:27 -0500

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>:
> I have a few suggestions for www.opensource.org/secrets.html.  I've
> worked with a number of manufacturers to pry documentation out of
> their fingers, and I've heard every one of these objections before.

This is very good!  May I have your permission to to edit and expand
on it a bit?  You make good arguments, but in a condensed form that
makes it easy to miss some of the logical points.  I want to recast
it in a more narrative form with rationales.
--

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself
a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about