Subject: Seeding co-op development of single-board computer
From: Steven Work <steve@renlabs.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:47:57 -0800

I've done some projects involving Linux on small single-board computers
recently, and I'd like to do more.  A limiting factor is the relatively high
cost of suitable equipment -- particularly frustrating when component costs
are comparatively low.

I would like to initiate a project to design and build a single-board computer
suited to my requirements, probably compromising them to interest others in a
cooperative development project.  Details of my ideas to date are posted at
http://www.renlabs.com/sbc.

I would be grateful if anyone on the list could offer possible alternatives
for structuring such a co-op project, for soliciting interest in the project,
or otherwise increasing the likelihood of success of any aspect of it.

Flames to me personally please if this request is considered off-topic -- they
go straight to the heart.

Thank you very much.

Steven Work
Renaissance Labs