Subject: Re: taking heat for doing Windows
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 09:53:16 -0800

> And the PalmPilot.  You can do cross-development from Unix in C.
> I wish I knew more about hardware manufacturing so I could run some numbers.

The economies of scale in things like palmtops are overwhelming.  I
don't think it makes much sense to try to build one just for o-s.
OTOH, if the palmtop is open to new code in C or Java, o-s code is
as free as any other to colonize there...

-r

Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory | Prime Time Freeware - quality
  UNIX consulting, training, and writing    | freeware at affordable prices
  P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA   | www.ptf.com      info@ptf.com
  rdm@cfcl.com            +1 650-873-7841   | +1 408-433-9662   -0727 (Fax)