Subject: FYI - free java app projects
From: Daniel Nachbar <nachbar@public-software.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:12:00 -0500

Since there's been no mention of it on this list, I thought I'd
point out that there is a fair bit of activity these days taking
place in the "free apps for java" realm.  I know of 4 groups in the
very early stages of life.  A list (in no particular order) is attached.
From watching the traffic, these groups have a fair bit
of overlapping membership.

I'd be interested to hear if there are yet more such
groups lurking about.

Dan Nachbar
Public Software Institute

JFA (JavaLobby Foundation Apps) - http://www.javalobby.org/jfa/
	Initiative launched last week

JOS-Apps - http://www.jos.org/
	Writing a free Java OS, but they have an app group as well

JDT - Java Development Team - http://www.hi.is/~gudmhaf/jdt/
	"the group has got six members and we decided
                                                  to stop at this number."

JAS - Java App Suite - http://www.jasapps.org/
	similar in size to JDT