Subject: Re: open source definition
From: bruce@va.debian.org
Date: 22 Apr 1998 22:51:54 -0000

> Of The Five, there are exactly 0 serious contenders that are "free".

This argument was made for operating systems a while back. It will be
made for other things until they are all written. Word processors exist
(lyx) and more are being developed. The others will come.

> (This is based on my recollection that you can't resell the Netscape
> browser release commercially.

Sorry, that's incorrect, you can sell it, you just can't call it "Netscape
Navigator". They explicitly conform to my definition of Open Source, that
was part of the mission statement for their new license.

	Bruce