Subject: Re: open source definition
From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <jsshapiro@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:43:13 -0400

> Hire bands, or see live music, and buy your CD's direct from the
> band.  More and more bands are specifically making a living from
> self-pressed CD sales.

I second that. The music industry is a pyramid scheme stacked against
the bands.  New bands, in particular, have to put in a lot of money
they don't have.  Money from the CD's sold at the events goes to the
band.  Money from CD's bought in the local store goes to the
distribution chain.

Hmm. I wonder if we can come up with a public performance model for
software development.  How much would you guys pay to watch me hack in
a bar one night? :-)

shap