Subject: Re: I see why people use credit cards
From: peterd@Bunyip.Com (Peter Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 12:06:33 -0400

[ You wrote: ]

> I now see why people use credit cards to start businesses.  When you
> get a business loan from a bank, you don't just get money, you get a
> business partner.  Fortunately, I'm selling the other house, so I'll
> have the capital to enter a new line of business (manufactured
> electronics).

Yup. Having just gone through the VC round, I can
empathize. FWIW, in six years we've used government
research grants, bank loans and overdrafts, government
research tax credits, customer-funded R&D, VC money and
several other things, as well. There's no free lunch and
whatever we use, it came with baggage we didn't like, be
it lots of paperwork, personal guarantees, or a slice of
the action and seats on the board.

The justification of course is that you can grow farther
and faster and not miss opportunities. I'm told 50 percent
of something is better than 100 percent of nothing. I
guess I still believe that... ;-)

				- peterd

     Peter Deutsch,                                   (514) 875-8611  (phone)
  Bunyip Information Systems Inc.                     (514) 875-8134  (fax)
    <peterd@bunyip.com>                               http://www.bunyip.com

                  Is there another word for synonym?

                                             - with thanks to Annie Macleod