Subject: Re: Motivating support contracts
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, David Welton wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 06:53:23PM -0000, Russell Nelson wrote:
> > William C. Cheng writes:
> >  >  | Why not?  Financial transactions at web-hit prices open up a whole new
> >  >  | world of possible arrangements between buyer and seller.
> >  >
> >  > It's difficult and costly to continuously refund/recharge customers.
>
> Hrmm.. brainstorming... might be neat if people could 'buy in' to some
> product, at a set price, and depending on the quantity sold, get
> refunds?

There is, in fact, a Vietnamese restaurant here in Dayton that used to
work this way.  At the end of every year, they would give a portion of
their profits to their customers, distributed according to how much
money the customers had spent in the restaurant.

The restaurant is still successful, but I don't think they still do
this.  It's the Mekong in Fairborn, OH.

Kragen

The sages do not believe that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe,
rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his
mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.  -- Wang Yang-Ming