Subject: Re: Free Software Bazaar
From: Braddock Gaskill <braddock@braddock.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:52:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, David Welton wrote:
> "It works like this: you request that a certain piece of free software
> or documentation be written or improved and offer something in return,
> usually an amount of money to be paid directly to the developer or to
> some charity. If you are a developer yourself, you can also turn it
> around and offer to write a specified piece of free software and
> request some money for it."

I tried to set something up like this a year ago or so.  The Free Software
Task List, where people make a pledge to whoever accomplishes a specified
task.  It unfortunately didn't get much of a response.  I found it's
difficult to really specify what the criteria for completion are, and it's
hard to find people actually willing to make a pledge.

	-Braddock Gaskill