Subject: Re: Non-proprietary software?
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:47:33 -0400

> If I follow you, you seem to be saying that it is not enough for
> software to be libre.  It must also be a commodity.

Now that I see a bit more what "commodity" implies, I see it's not
what I want for software.  Thank you for your helpful feedback.

> Libre is what I want.  Why should I care about anything else?

I think there is room beyond "libre" for a few more rights to be
granted to users.  You may feel differently.  That's ok.

League for Programming Freedom (LPF) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/lpf/patents.text