Subject: Re: Interesting Microsoft document
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:00:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, David Welton wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 03:54:12PM -0000, Russell Nelson wrote:
> > This document <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/halloween.html> is an
> > internet Microsoft memo about Open Source(tm) software.
>
> Glad to see this list is alive - I was beginning to wonder.  I guess
> everyone is awfully busy:->

I'd been wondering about that myself.  Perhaps observers like me have
crowded out the people on the list who actually run free software
businesses?  Have they gone to discuss their stuff on a different
mailing list?

If not, perhaps it would be a good idea to form one --- Russ Nelson,
Bob Young, Scott Goehring, et al., could discuss their experiences and
ideas, while the rest of us just listen.

On the other hand, this list has been totally silent for months at a
time more than once.  Mailing lists have a tendency to do that; it
doesn't always mean they're dead, or even moribund.

Kragen

We have always been quite clear that Win95 and Win98 are not the systems to
use if you are in a hostile security environment.  -- Paul Leach
The Internet is hostile.                -- Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>