Subject: Re: CDROM/book products
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:22:35 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Keith Bostic wrote:
> My group is considering putting together an Open-Source CDROM/book
> product for the Berkeley DB software. . . .

I was rather surprised to hear this.  I went to www.sleepycat.com and
checked out the license <URL:http://www.sleepycat.com/license.net>, and
sure enough, it's changed into an open-source license.  I'd be
interested to learn what prompted the change.

I notice that <URL:http://www.sleepycat.com/download.html> still claims
the license is not open-source.  Perhaps this is an oversight in
download.html, not in license.net?

(I'd offer comments on the questions you asked, but I have no firsthand
knowledge of any of them.)

Kragen

Irony and sarcasm deflate seriousness, and when your seriousness becomes detum-
escent, you're not held responsible for your thoughts. Irony beats thinking like
rock beats scissors. -- http://www.hyperorg.com/backissues/joho-june2-98.html