Subject: Re: GPL and trademarks and brandnames...
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 11:03:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Brian Bartholomew wrote:
> In another license hack, you could also publish your GPL'ed book in
> English by blinking it in Morse code from the top of your house.  Even
> though the language barrier is gone, I would argue that is not the
> "preferred form of the work for making modifications to it", because
> "preferred" implies a user-preferred distribution channel.

It's not a channel customarily used for software exchange.  But I
notice you haven't answered Michael Tiemann's question: is it wrong to
ask questions of the philosophers without first making a sacrifice at
the temple?

Kragen

Irony and sarcasm deflate seriousness, and when your seriousness becomes detum-
escent, you're not held responsible for your thoughts. Irony beats thinking like
rock beats scissors. -- http://www.hyperorg.com/backissues/joho-june2-98.html