Subject: Re: GPL and trademarks and brandnames...
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:37:30 -0500

> But I notice you haven't answered Michael Tiemann's question: is it
> wrong to ask questions of the philosophers without first making a
> sacrifice at the temple?

I answered it privately.  My answer was:

	The landscape has changed.  The philosopher is now a vendor
	courting my business or my volunteer labor, who needs to
	answer my objections to their sales pitch.  Didn't your
	company [Cygnus] just approach me [freshmeat announcement
	pointing to Cygnus web page] about donating labor to their
	real-time OS project [eCos]?

League for Programming Freedom (LPF) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/lpf/patents.text