Subject: Re: legal structure around Linux (and FS in general) in Germany
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:36:14 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, D. V. Henkel-Wallace wrote:
> BTW I think the lack of someone with standing to enforce the GPL on linux
> will likely cause a problem in the future (if someone violates the GPL on
> some part of Linux it's no longer clear who owns it).  On the other hand
> that same quagmire is probably a great defense against patent claims!

Most parts of Linux list their primary authors in comments.  There
might be other people who have fixed enough of those parts to have
standing, too, without being listed; I wouldn't expect that those
people would be particularly difficult to find or to contact (given the
extensive linux-kernel mailing list archives).

Kragen

It frightens the daylights out of me whenever I hear people proclaim that
the less knowledge our children have access to, the better.
-- Duane Lindstrom, at <URL:http://www.examiner.com/skink/skinkmail.html>