Subject: Logos for free software
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:23:24 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

  I realise this is an unusual message for this list, but it still
seemed to me the appropriate place.

   I am secretary for AFUL, a French association for the promotion
of libre software, especially in business and administration

   I am looking for Logos of the major free-softwware on the market
(Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Apache, Squid, Gimp, TeX, Satan, ....)

   My problem is I cannot find any with enough resolution to make
large panels for conferences. Actually the ideal would be to have
VECTOR GRAPHICS versions of these logos.
  Then they can be enlarged arbitrarily.

   I do not care whether the format used is readable on Linux. As long
as there is some OS and tool  that can read it.

  Can anyone help me, even for single products.

  I just hope that some readers of this list are developpers of some
of these products and may know about such logos, if any.

   I that can help, AFUL can then make them available on a single Web
page.

Thanks for your help

  Bernard

 Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644