Subject: Re: Y2K support
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen Sitaker)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:18:44 -0500 (EST)

Joseph Arceneaux wrote:
> I am looking for Y2K support for GNU tools.  In particular, I need
> some organization to provide a Y2K warranty or certification.  BASH is
> an example of something I need.  Cygnus is not an option.

You don't want support, you want insurance.  Of course Cygnus is not an
option.  ;)

What you really need is a software-savvy insurance company that spends
lots of money carefully inspecting code to determine what their
premiums should be for insuring people against damages from bugs in
that code.  I don't think such a thing exists.

We are forming cells within a global brain and we are excited that we might
start to think collectively.  What becomes of us still hangs crucially on
how we think individually.  -- Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the Web