Subject: Re: Y2K support - Red Hat
From: Joseph Arceneaux <jla@arceneaux.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:06:53 -0800

Red Hat does not offer Y2K support.  They have a nice page saying that
the "operating system" is compliant, but then go on to say that the
information they have does not constitute any kind of warranty.  I
called them, and they said they had no such product or warranty, but
would be glad to connect me with their legal department.

I am waiting to hear from some other folks.

The best thing I've discovered so far is Sleepy Cat Software (Berkeley
db), who will sell me, specifically, a Y2K warranty, which is exactly
what I need.  These folks seem to have their shit together.

Joe