Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: craig@jcb-sc.com
Date: 30 Mar 1999 00:45:59 -0000

>Since Eric Raymond has expressed a desire to retire as Open Source evangelist,
>I've written an article "Do We Need a New Evangelist?" discussing how he should
>be replaced. It's at http://perens.com/Articles/Evangelist.html .

Seems like a good idea to me.  Personally, I'm less of an evangelist
for OSS than the GPL (or, more precisely, the assumption that source
code is always available, modifiable, and shareable, for any program,
in my "ideal" computing/engineering community/environment).  But perhaps
not every person helping out has to be completely neutral about the
various specific forms of OSS?

        tq vm, (burley)