Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:30:35 -0600

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 04:38:21PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Yes, I remember.  However, as far as I know nobody ever claimed that
> the DFSG meant anything except an explanation of what Debian would
> accept in their distribution.  In particular, nobody ever argued, at
> least not to me, that DFSG software was equivalent to free software.

Well, as far as Debian is concerned, it is.  It sounds like you are
trying to include a more intangible quality in your definition, a
sense of community, or something of that ilk?

--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus