Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:22:00 -0800

> However, my fundamental problem with OSI is becoming clearer to me: I am
> being asked to endorse[1] a term that is controlled by a closed,
> self-appointed group that I have no control over.

That sounds a lot like the Free Software Foundation to me.  It's run
by a small self-elected board, whose fundamental policy is to do
whatever RMS wants.  (I'm not saying this is good or bad, just saying
that it appears to be how the corporation is set up.)

Ben, do you endorse the FSF?

Or do you perhaps think you have control over RMS or the FSF?

	John