Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:01:29 +0100

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Ben Laurie writes:
>  > Hmmm ... and would that be to do with this:
>
>  >          Sure, Open Source methods produce stable code: but what
>  >          about the people? ERIC S RAYMOND's warning that prominent
>  >          free software advocates were in danger of getting "burnt out"
>  >          took a sinister new turn this week, when Bruce Perens
>
> No.  Bruce is just over-reacting, as usual.  If flamage could kill,
> Tim O'R would be a pile of ashed and Bruce would be in jail.
>
> Ahhhh, personalities.  If we didn't have 'em, we wouldn't be people.

Reacting or over-reacting, I care not, what I was referring to was this:
'"If you ever again... insult me," trilled Eric to his old Open Source
pal, "and jeopardize the interests of our entire tribe... I will find a
way to make you regret it. Watch your step."'

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html