Subject: Re: the walls have ears
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen Sitaker)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:36:21 -0400 (EDT)

Craig Brozefsky writes:
> Why do people find it necessary to use RMS and his position as some
> kinda irrational extreme, even to the point of deliberately
> mis-representing him?

Probably because he pisses them off.  I have observed myself getting
pissed off at things he has said from time to time; probably everyone
else on this list has also been pissed off at him at one time or
other.

RMS's theory is that people don't want to think about the issues he
brings up, and so they get pissed off when he insists on bringing them
up.  I have a feeling that the reason people get pissed off at him is
both deeper and shallower than that, but I can't really put my finger
on it.

TurboLinux is outselling NT in Japan's retail software market 10 to 1,
so I hear.
-- http://www.performancecomputing.com/opinions/unixriot/981218.shtml