Subject: Re: Exploring the limits of free software
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 22 May 1999 20:14:27 -0400

   Date: 22 May 1999 15:19:20 -0400
   From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>

   You appear to be after something else, perhaps what one might describe
   as an ethical company.  Please don't confuse that with a free software
   company.  Please use some other word.

By the way, when I wrote that, I did not mean to imply that Cygnus was
an unethical company by ordinary standards.

I only mean that Brian is seeking some standard of behaviour which
Cygnus may in fact not meet, and I encourage him to find some name for
that standard other than ``free software company,'' which already has
a perfectly good meaning, namely a company which deals in free
software.

Ian