Subject: Re: the walls have ears
From: craig@jcb-sc.com
Date: 31 May 1999 20:03:11 -0000

>I don't understand why GPL advocates don't understand this simple
>proposition: if source is published under BSD you have as much access to
>it as you do if it is published under GPL.

Sheesh, we've only been *writing* what seems like megabytes about this
for the past week or so.  If you want to understand why people think
the way they do, please take the time to read what they've written
on that very subject.  (The short answer: we understand *that* simple
proposition *perfectly*.  We've been talking about *other* issues
all this time, like the comparative differences in things you can
use the code for *other* than simply having "access" to it.)

        tq vm, (burley)