Subject: Re: Sun, BSD, and GNU
From: Arkin <arkin@trendline.co.il>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:36:46 -0400

Let's summarize:

* Gratis -- zero cost, you pay nothing for using the software

* Libre -- freedom, you can do with the software as you wish (as long as
you do not hinder other people's right to freedom)

* Free software (as in GPL) -- an attempt to assure gratis and libre

* Open source -- an attempt to assure gratis and libre and allow for
commercial development and usage

* Open development -- getting actual developers to contribute to the
development of software

Arkin