Subject: Re: Sun, BSD, and GNU
From: Craig Brozefsky <>
Date: 02 Jun 1999 03:59:20 -0700

> Where is it written that a free software company must produce _only_
> free software?  I'm willing to stipulate that for discussion on this
> list[1], but only after predicting
>      If you insist on considering only "pure" free software businesses
>      to be free software businesses at all, then your lunch is going
>      to get eaten by free software written by non-free-software
>      businesses.

Wow.  That's a bold prediction with absolutely no evidence to
substantiate it.  Even your anecdote below did not offer any real
corroboration.  Considering the multitude of business models one could
have as both a pure free software business and more of a hybrid, I
find it disingenuous that you would make such a blanket statement with
no more support than a story and conjecture.

Craig Brozefsky        <>
Less matter, more form!      - Bruno Schulz
ignazz, I am truly korrupted by yore sinful tzourceware. -jb
The Osmonds! You are all Osmonds!! Throwing up on a freeway at dawn!!!