Subject: The Andrew View, V.3 No. 1
From: Susan Straub <susan+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT)

[An Andrew ToolKit view (a raster image) was included here, but could
not be displayed.]
.sp -1.0i
                                                        Andrew Consortium
                                               School of Computer Science
                                                          Carnegie Mellon

            The Andrew View

                                                       Volume 3, Number 1
                                                              April, 1994

The big news this month is our new public release !

	AUIS Release 6.2

For members, the most interesting innovation may be the html editor
mode.  You can now edit html files and see them looking as nice as AUIS
files.  For non-members, innovations beyond release 5.1 include:

	prefed - preferences editor
	figure - drawing editor
	image - display embedded images
	bdffont - font editor

AUIS is now supported on Telmat, Linux, Solaris, and SGI in addition to
platforms from IBM, SPARCstation, HP, Dec, Apollo, and SCO.

FTP   We have a new ftp home in directory pub/AUIS on ftp.andrew.cmu.edu
   (ip address: 128.2.35.66).  See the README file for details.

WWW   View us on the World Wide Web at URL (all one line):

http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/atk-ftp/web/andrew-home.html
Contents

    My Own View  -  Fred Hansen
    Andrew Technical Conference and Annual Meeting
    New and Revised Features in Version 6.2
    AUIS Release 6.2.1
    The "unknown" inset: an upgrade for AUIS 5.1  -  Rob Ryan
    Projects in Progress
    Whither Troff Printing?  -  Andy Plotkin
    Proposed Grant Levels
    1994 Survey  -  Susan Straub
    Bison for C and C++
    Rainbow  -  David Sklar, Electronic Book Technologies

My Own View
Wilfred J. Hansen, Director

When you consider that AUIS is a million lines of code in over 5000
files, you might think it a miracle that the whole thing ever compiles
on any platform.  Well, it compiles--really, it does!  Our own
platforms, however, are only a minority of all the platforms we support.
 A number of kind people have built the 6.2 release on other platforms
and reported problems.  The result is the new patch, 6.2.1 for Sun
platforms, as reported below.

There will be at least one further release of AUIS 6, numbered release
6.3.  It will come out with the contributed section of X Windows System
V11R6 in June and will be the last AUIS release in C.  Subsequent
releases will be in C++ and numbered 7.1 and higher.

At SIGCHI (April 24-28, 1994, Boston, Massachusetts) I will present a
tutorial entitled "Introduction to User Interface Systems for HCI
Developers and Researchers".  This will discuss the Human-Computer
Interface challenges and opportunities of user interface systems like
AUIS, Fresco, OLE from MicroSoft, and OpenDoc originally from Apple and
now from the Component Integration Laboratory.  These systems offer the
challenge of defining user interface schemes that extend across a wide
spread of applications;  they offer the opportunity to conveniently
capture user interactions in order to study user behavior.

I'll repeat the systems comparisons portions of the tutorial at
Xhibition in San Jose (June 21-23) and at the Andrew Technical
Conference (Pittsburgh, 1 July).
Andrew Technical Conference and Annual Meeting

The Andrew Technical Conference this year is scheduled for

	Friday, July 1

The Annual Meeting of the Consortium will be held during and after lunch.

As part of the Conference, Fred Hansen will present the tutorial he has
been preparing on the various alternatives available to AUIS: OLE,
OpenDoc, Fresco, and so on.

If you have a paper you would like to present, please contact Fred
Hansen (wjh+@cmu.edu,  (412) 268-6788).

As part of the annual meeting, we discuss future directions for
development of AUIS.  These discussions drive the work of the Consortium
staff for the year ahead.  If you have any suggestions as to directions
we should take, please send email to Fred Hansen at the address above.

New and Revised Features in Version 6.2

AUIS users everywhere can now receive Release 6.2 of AUIS.  The full set
of changes between 6.2 and 5.1, the previous public release, is given as
the file Changes (or Changes.ez in AUIS format) in directory pub/AUIS of
our new ftp host:

	ftp.andrew.cmu.edu

For members, here are the changes from 6.1 to 6.2.

Everywhere

Fixed bugs, coreleaks, and copyrights.  More posixification.  AUIS code
is posix, but utilizes some BSD extensions.

- Straightened everything out so colors can be destroyed without leaving
dangling pointers anywhere.
- Fixed event queue so events are not lost.  This means the clock will
not stop.
- Revised ATK text data stream slightly so whitespace is treated better
when text is converted to ASCII.
- Fixed ez so that ^G to the initial file prompt will provide a scratch
buffer.

Platforms

AUIS is now supported on the following new platforms (the names with
underscores are the subdirectory of the config directory in the source).
	Linux (i386_Linux)  Telmat (telmat_svr4)  Solaris (sun4_51)
In addition, support for SGI machines has been fixed:
    SGI (sgi_4d)
We have tested the system on these additional platforms
    pmax_mach  pmax_ul4  rs_aix3  sun4_mach  sun4_41  hp700_80
The following platforms are included in the release, but have not been tested
    apollo68k  hp300_80  hp800_80  i386_mach  mac2_51  next_mach20
    pmax_3  pmax_41  ps_aix12  rt_aix221  rt_aos4  rt_mach  sco_i386
    sun3_35  sun3_4  sun3_41  sun4_40  vax_3  vax_43

Applications and Objects

Changed background colors in scollbars, dialogs, sbuttons, menubars, and
Motif-style popups.  (Can be turned off by setting preference
UseNewShadows to No.)

Updated text to work with Ispell 4.0.

Ness has been revised throughout so that very general filenames can be
used, including $XXX to access environment values.  Files for execution
are sought in the directories listed in the nesspath preference.

Ness's launchapplication function can now launch applications that are
objects other than text.

HTML editor mode has been added in ./contrib/srctext/html.  Files can be
saved in html format and edited in ez as formatted text; the reader need
not look at embedded html formatting tags.  To enable this, the contrib
directory must be built and installed and then a line like
	addfiletype .html html
added to  ~/.ezinit.  (For instructions on the latter, say `help initfiles`.)

Translation between AUIS format and RTF.  The source files
contrib/mit/2rtf/* and contrib/mit/rtf2/* are installed as the
applications 2rtf and rtf2;  these convert, respectively, from AUIS to
RTF and from RTF to AUIS.  (Sometimes, conversion from RTF to AUIS is
better done with the ness program fromrtf.n.  See
src:atk/ness/nesslib/fromrtf.n or $ANDREWDIR/lib/ness/fromtrt.n.)

New facilities

The Andrew logo is available as an icon in src:./overhead/xicons/alog.icon.

Support has been added for translating menu items and message line
messages into other languages. This is enabled by setting the
TranslateMenus preference to On, in which case, menu titles and items
are translated according to the ANDREWLANGUAGE database.  Documentation
and example files for this mechanism are unavailable.  (This feature is
used primarily by the port to the Telmat platform.)

All the srctext insets such as the C and C++ modes now understand
dogtags.  See atk/srctext/dogtags.help (or help dogtags) for more
information.

When porting the system to a new platform, it has been necessary to
write an assembler routine, entry.spp.  This can now be avoided by
defining CLASS_CTRAMPOLINE_ENV  as 1 in system.h for the platform.

AUIS Release 6.2.1

Release 6.2.1 of the Andrew User Interface System is now available as a
patch to release 6.2.  If you already have 6.2, we recommend that you
pick up 6.2.1 only for Sun OS 4.1.* and Sun Solaris.  It fixes a number
of minor bugs found in release 6.2 but breaks on non-Sun systems.
Another patch which will be generally applicable will be made available
soon.

The patch is available as file patch-6.2.1.tar.Z via anonymous ftp from
ftp.andrew.cmu.edu (IP 128.2.35.66) in the pub/AUIS/patches directory.
This patch introduces several new files as well as moving the
<sources>/atk/syntax/bison directory to <sources>/overhead/bison.  It
utilizes the new parsing technology described in the Bison article below.

The "unknown" inset: an upgrade for AUIS 5.1
Rob Ryan

When AUIS release 5.1 encounters a file create with release 6.xx
containing new insets, problems will occur, possibly including core
dumps.  Ideally, you will avoid this problem by upgrading to AUIS 6.2.1
or some later system, but if you would rather not, you can install the
"unknown" inset.  (NOTE: This is only for 5.1.)

The "unknown" inset distribution introduces proxy insets having the same
names as the new insets, but functioning only enough to inform the user
that the inset is not supported.  This package is available for
anonymous ftp from ftp.andrew.cmu.edu in directory
pub/AUIS/5.1-SafetyNet.
Projects in Progress

The Consortium staff is at work on three major projects undertaken in
response to past annual meetings.

C++.  The port to C++ is largely complete, including complete plans for
dynamic loading;  but the latter is still pending implementation.
Progress is on hold this month while we complete release of version 6.2.
 We expect to make a complete release of the C++ version later this year.

Printing.  In the C++ release, text and many other objects now print
directly to postscript.  Many niceties remain to be added, but the new
printing facility should be ready for the C++ release.

Widgets.  Work on the C++ version has occupied more resources than we
had hoped.  (It was never actually scheduled at an Annual meeting.)  The
result has been complete slippage of the widgets project.  We have some
exciting concepts, but have not made implementation progress.

WorldWideWeb.  In our first issue of last year, the Andrew View reported
on the WorldWideWeb.  In the last few months usage and contents on this
web have shown phenomenal growth (in the range of 70,000 percent at one
point).  We are working toward closer integration of AUIS into the WWW
environment, having made a start by creating our own home page, as noted
above.  Two AUIS projects are related:

Nick Williams of the Systems Architecture Research Center in London has
created htmltext, a source text editor which simplifies construction of
files in the HTML format utilized on the WWW.  An early version of this
package is in AUIS 6.2;  more recent versions are available for
anonymous FTP from ftp.cs.city.ac.uk in directory pub/htmltext.

Tom Neuendorffer, who created ADEW and many other Andrew components, has
agreed to create an AUIS application which will serve as an interface to
the WWW.  This will have many advantages for AUIS users:

	familiar AUIS interaction: scrollbars, menus, window resizing, ...
	AUIS search operations
	copy / paste from HTML documents to AUIS documents
	open-ended - add your own operations

Another desirable goal is creation of a "weblink" inset which works like
the existing link inset, but can point to any WWW node.  We also hope to
create a WWW server which reads AUIS documents and delivers them across
the web as HTML documents.

Whither Troff Printing?
Andy Plotkin

As part of the development of the new PostScript printing system, I am
considering the fate of all the troff-generating routines currently in
place. There are three obvious possibilities:

1. Remove all the old printing routines, including the view::Print method.
Ups: The source code and executables would only have one set of printing
routines, which saves space. Ezprint would subsume the functionality of
ez2ps.
Downs: Troff output would no longer be available at all.

2. Put all of the printing code under cpp conditionals; say, #ifndef and
#ifdef PSPRINTING_ENV.
Ups: Sites could choose which method to use. Executables would have only
one set of printing routines...
Downs: ...but the source code would have both. Users would not be able
to choose a printing method themselves.

3. Leave everything in place. The print::ProcessView function already
accepts a flag which tells it whether to generate troff or generate PS
output (using psdit); that mechanism could be altered to choose between
the troff and PS printing routines.
Ups: Users could invoke either printing method (probably by either a
preference or different keybindings.)
Downs: More source-code and executable bloat.  Twice as much printing
code for the Consortium to support.

This decision will impact all Consortium members, since everyone uses
printing (even people who don't use "impact" as a verb.) Please send us
your thoughts, so that we can take your needs into account.

Proposed Grant Levels

The Andrew Consortium exists through the generosity of our members, who
provide grants on our behalf.  For the first three years we have had
only three levels of membership--Full, Contributing, and Associate.  In
some cases these levels have not been appropriate;  primarily in being
beyond the means of small, start-up companies who might otherwise
participate for mutual benefit.  At the last Annual Meeting, it was
proposed that a new grant structure be introduced offering a greater
variety of levels.

This note describes a proposed structure of categories.  The idea is to
fit existing members into one or another of these categories at a grant
level no more than slightly higher than their current level.  If you
have suggestions about this proposal, please contact Fred Hansen
(wjh+@cmu.edu, +1-412-268-6788.)

The plan proposed below will be voted on at the annual meeting.  Grant
levels, expressed in $000's, depend on size of organization and class of
membership.

Size of organization.  Organizations are classified as small, medium or
large, depending on the type of organization.  This section defines the
size of a "medium" organization of each type.  "Small" or "large"
organizations are, respectively and perhaps not surprisingly, smaller or
larger than medium organizations.

	Academic institution, medium size: 2000-10000 students
	Non-academic research organization, medium size: 8-40 researchers
	Commercial organization, in house use, medium size: 100-1000 users
	Commercial distributor, medium size: 1000-10000 customers
	Government, medium size: 200-2000 users

Participating Members.  A new grant level is proposed for organizations
desiring direct involvement in AUIS development.  Participating members
have all the rights of full members and are also eligible to send staff
to Carnegie Mellon where they can work side-by-side with the Consortium
staff.  In this way they can more immediately influence AUIS
development, they can develop new software based on the latest version,
and they can acquire the intimate understanding of the system which is
only possible from immersion.  Grant levels:  150, 300, 600.

Full Members.  These members have voting rights in consortium decisions
and merit direct contact with Consortium staff.   Grant levels: 45, 90,
180.

Contributing Members.  Contributing members have the right to specify
particular code to be included in the AUIS distribution.  This level of
membership is also appropriate for organizations which depend on AUIS
for their own work.  Grant levels: 15, 30, 60.

Associate Members.  At this level, members establish a relationship with
the consortium, and get access to the latest source.  Grant levels:
0.5, 2, 5.

1994 Survey
Susan Straub

Once again we are polling the world to see how people are exploiting
AUIS and to determine their needs.  If you've not already filled out
this survey, please take a few moments to complete the enclosed survey
and return it to susan+@andrew.cmu.edu.  We will share the results of
the survey at the Annual Meeting.

(It is not our intention to publish individual answers other than to
quote comments;  however, we are not taking cryptographic precautions
and cannot guarantee the confidentiality of what you send us.  If we've
asked questions you'd rather not answer, please feel free to omit them
from your reply.)
1994 Survey of Andrew User Interface System Users

Name:

Net address:

Company/division/site location:

Number of machines at site running AUIS:
                1?   2-10?   10-100?   100-1000?    over 1000?

Number of AUIS users at site:
                1?   2-10?   10-100?   100-1000?    over 1000?

Number of AUIS users at other sites for the same company?

What system type(s) do you run AUIS on:

Are you or anyone at your site using AUIS for:
        Mail, bulletin boards, news groups access?
        Document production
        User interface prototyping or development
        Other uses (please list)

What additional service(s) would you like to see provided by the
Andrew Consortium?

Other comments:

Bison for C and C++

Bison is the GNU parser generator; an alternative to yacc.  To enhance
AUIS portability, we have adapted Bison for all parsing requirements in
AUIS 6.2.1.  To avoid encumbering the entire source code with the
license imposed by the Free Software Foundation, the adaptation removes
the default Bison parser and installs an AUIS parser.  The C++ version
even creates a Class from the grammar.  The package is available as a
separate entity from ftp.andrew.cmu.edu in directory pub/AUIS/bison.

The parser generators have these advantages

	No symbol conflicts.  Each parser is represented by a single name.
	Shared parser code.  All grammars use a single instance of the
		parser object code.
	C++ object.  For C++, the generated parser is an object.  Utilize it with
			GrammarName *grammar = new GrammarName;
	License free.  The license on the parser code permits effectively
		unhindered use.

Bison-A2.2 has these advantages over other versions of Bison:

	Errors in the grammar do not terminate input; all errors are
		found in one pass.  A complete example and test case is
		the file mess.y in the distribution.
	Tokens may now be specified as multiple-character strings:
		"<=" can appear where formerly would have to be LESSEQ.
	The -n switch produces the parser tables without including
		the parser;  a project can now use its own parser
		and avoid the GNU license for the resulting application.
		(The AUIS C and C++ parsers do not actually use this switch.)

AUIS also includes a lexical analyzer generator--gentlex in directory
<sources>/atk/syntax/tlex--tailored to this version of bison.

Rainbow

Some Consortium members have expressed interest in adopting SGML.  The
following extract of a note on "Rainbow" describes one tool available
for conversion from existing formats to some particular SGML/DTD.  We
could, for example, support conversion of AUIS documents to SGML via
this path.  (Howver, AUIS documents to a large degree already have the
structure information descrbed below.)  Or we could support conversion
of other documents to AUIS via a pathway through SGML using these tools.
 If either of these efforts is of value, you should include it in your
list of suggestions for the Annual Meeting, as noted above.

         Accelerating Conversion to SGML via the Rainbow Format

                               David Sklar
                        Director of Applications
                      Electronic Book Technologies

*** The Problem: Inefficiency in Conversion Efforts

"Up conversion" -- the translation of a document from a proprietary
word-processor (WP) format to an SGML document conforming to a useful
DTD -- is one of the thorniest problems an organization faces when it
adopts SGML.  Up conversion is typically performed by building (or
hiring a consultant to build) a custom conversion application via a
translation-enabling tool like OmniMark, TagWrite, or FastTag.  The
conversion application typically involves two phases: 1) extraction and
interpretation of the formatting codes in the WP format, and 2)
identification of content and structure.

The second phase is the most sophisticated one, for it involves creating
something (structure and true content identification) from "nothing" (WP
formats which are typically flat and lacking in content identification).
 A considerable amount of planning and thought is necessary for
implementation of this phase, and it is almost always necessary to
custom-build this phase for each organization.

But the first phase -- extraction of the WP formatting codes -- is not
very sophisticated, for it is simply a translation.  The most difficult
part of implementing this phase is becoming an expert in the proprietary
WP format itself.  .... How can we prevent organizations from
redundantly implementing phase one?  Imagine a world in which all
up-conversion efforts start from a single stable, well-documented input
format instead of a variety of unstable proprietary ones....

*** The Solution: Rainbow

Electronic Book Technologies, in conjunction with several other key SGML
vendors and promoters, has designed a format that is suitable for acting
as the starting point for up-conversion efforts.  We call that format
"Rainbow", because it represents a unification of the wide spectrum of
proprietary formats.

The Rainbow format is actually an SGML DTD....  The Rainbow DTD is
publicly available, and can be used and modified by organizations and
individuals freely.  An FTP server has been created to provide a forum
for the distribution of Rainbow-related data, and a mailing list has
been created to keep interested parties informed of Rainbow-related
developments.  To subscribe to the mailing list, send email to
rainbow@ebt.com;  you will receive a reply with specific information on
how to access the FTP server.

As described above, the primary purpose of Rainbow is to insulate
up-conversion implementations from the dynamic and eccentric world of
proprietary formats.  Obviously, this noble idea is not practical unless
the SGML community has easy access to "Rainbow Makers" (software
programs designed to convert WP-format documents to Rainbow documents).
It is our hope that members of the SGML community will share Rainbow
Makers that the build, thus helping us eliminate redundant efforts.
[EBT is making available Rainbow-Makers for RTF (Microsoft Word), MIF,
Interleaf, and WordPerfect.  Another vendor is doing one for the Ventura
format.]

 _______________________________________
The Andrew User Interface System

The Andrew User Interface System (AUIS) is a portable user-interface
environment and toolkit that runs under X11. It provides a
dynamically-loadable object-oriented environment wherein objects can be
embedded in one-another. Thus, one could use our 'generic-object' editor
(ez) to edit text that, in addition to containing multiple fonts,
contains embedded raster images, spreadsheets, drawings, equations,
simple animations, etc.  These embedded objects may themselves contain
other objects, including text. The release includes many objects,
including those mentioned above, along with a help system, a system
monitoring tool (console), an editor based shell interface (typescript).

The underlying Andrew Toolkit architecture (ATK) supports cooperation
between objects not only for screen display, but also for file storage,
cut/paste across windows, an application construction environment, an
extension language, and printing.  There is full support for programmers
to create new objects and new applications.

The Andrew Message System(AMS) is a component of AUIS and provides a
multi-media interface to mail and bulletin-boards.  AMS contains many
advanced  features including authentication, return receipts, automatic
sorting of mail, vote collection and tabulation, enclosures, audit
trails of related messages, and subscription management. It also
provides a variety of interfaces that support character-based terminals
and low-function personal computers in addition to high-function
workstations.

Andrew has been successfully used on most platforms from these vendors:
IBM, Sun, DEC,  HP, SGI IRIX 4.0, Apollo, Macintosh II MacMach, 386/486
Mach, Linux, Telmat, Apollo, Mac2, Next, SCO I386.

The following are components are available in version 6.2 and later
versions.  Some respond to frequently requested applications in X: word
processor-ez, drawing editor-figure, mail and news reader-messages, font
editor-bdffont, documentation browser-help, directory browser-bush, HTML
editor-htmltext.

  AUIS editors that are both applications and insets

eq - equation inset
fad - animation editor
figure - drawing editor
layout - inset for arbitrary layout of enclosed insets
lset - display two adjacent insets
ness - extension and string processing language
org - display and edit hierarchies
page - allow flipping between pages
raster - editor for monochrome bit-mapped images
table - table / spreadsheet inset
text - text, document, and program editor (the heart of ez and other
applications)

  AUIS applications

bush - directory browser
chump - schedule maintainer
console - shell interface / terminal replacement
ez - word processor and program editor
bdffont - font editor (for fonts in bdf format)
help - documentation browser  (includes all AUIS help files)
launch - provides a menu of AUIS applications
messages - mail and news reader, manager, and composer
pipescript - viewer useful as stdout
prefed - preferences editor
sendmessage - application for sending a message or news posting
typescript - shell interface (terminal substitute)

  Commonly used non-interactive AUIS applications

datacat - concatenate AUIS files
ezprint - print an AUIS document
nessrun - runs a Ness script (the extension and string processing language)
preview - preview an AUIS document on screen

  File format converters

from AUIS to: RTF, ASCII, PostScript, troff
to AUIS from: ppm, Scribe, RTF, troff, X window dump
convertraster - various raster formats

  Embeddable insets not usually used as applications

clock - analog clock
eq - equations
fad - rudimentary animations
header - specify document headers and footers
image - store and display images in JPEG, gif, tiff, and other formats
link - hypertext-like link
month - display a calendar for  one month
note - annotation
text - the text object itself
timeoday - digital clock
writestamp - displays the time the file was written

  Editing tools

compchar - type characters for European languages
compile - support compilation and error review
complete - filename completion for typescript
dired - directory browser
dsearch - dynamic search
ezdiff - compare two ASCII files
filter - process a region of a document through a shell command
isearch - incremental search
lookz - style table editor
spell - spelling correction (uses ispell)

  Source text editing tools for

assembler, C++, C, HTML, Lisp, man pages, Modula, Modula-3, Pascal

  Tools for constructing insets and applications

arb - ADEW application builder interface
bison, mkparser/parser - GNU parser generator (modified)
class - preprocessor for AUIS's ClassC version of C
createcon - ADEW tool to generate C code for interface
createinset - create a prototypical inset under a new name
genmake - Makefile generator for classC
gentlex - lexical analyzer generator
makedo, doindex, whichdo - create, store, and locate dynamically
loadable objects
runadew - ADEW application builder

  Additional insets available for building applications

button, display text string, entry of labeled text string, four position
switch, multiple buttons, multiple sliders, multiple string entry,
on/off switch, slider, slider controlling array of strings, text list,
thumb knob

______________________________________
Consortium Services and Offerings

For information about services and offerings of the Andrew Toolkit
Consortium please contact us at:
    Andrew Consortium
    School of Computer Science
    Carnegie Mellon University
    5000 Forbes Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213;  USA
    phone: +1-412-268-6710
    email: info-andrew-request@andrew.cmu.edu

We offer memberships at three levels: Full, Contributing, and Associate.
 We also can provide source tape, CDrom with both source and
executables, bibliography, copies of papers, conference proceedings.

AUIS sources and binaries are available online via anonymous ftp from
ftp.andrew.cmu.edu (IP address is 128.2.35.66) in directory ./pub/AUIS.
See the README there.  Another ftp site is export.lcs.mit.edu in
directory ./contrib/andrew;  this is cloned on many servers, world-wide.
 On the nationwide AFS file system, AUIS is available in
/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/atk-ftp/.

To try AUIS, use our Remote Andrew Demo service:  finger
help@atk.itc.cmu.edu  (IP address is 128.2.203.218)

News groups: Send subscription requests to
info-andrew-request@andrew.cmu.edu and submissions to
	info-andrew+@andrew.cmu.edu.  This is a distribution list offering the
news with full AUIS formatting;   For a clone in plain ASCII, see news
group  comp.soft-sys.andrew.

Send requests to   	info-andrew-requests@andrew.cmu.edu
Bug reports to    	info-andrew-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu