Subject: Re: requesting proposals -- change detection
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:21:46 +0900 (JST)

    Ian> I'm not sure I see a liability issue in any case.  If your
    Ian> license disclaims any warranty, and the user does not get the
    Ian> modified version from you, then I don't see why you have any
    Ian> liability.

You may have no choice: the disclaimer may not be valid in some
jurisdictions, and some liability can arise from contributing to a
public nuisance, or whatever.

You may not like the choices provided by the GPL: the customer may be
unwilling to accept warranteeless software; you may be willing to
provide a warrantee, but only on the distributed version.