Subject: Re: EROS and liability
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 28 Jun 1999 22:02:40 -0400

   From: shapj@us.ibm.com
   Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:49:05 -0400

   I want to be able to go to a customer and say: "This here thingus works, and I'm
   willing to stand behind the fact that it works.  You can configure it in ways X,
   Y, and Z and I will stand behind it in any of those configurations.  You can
   mess with the source code, or alter it in ways OTHER than X, Y, and Z, but the
   minute you do that you assume all consequences for *anything* that goes wrong.

   Roughly: "No user servicable parts inside if you want support."

I forgot to ask: do you want to say this only to a customer who is
paying you money, or do you want to say this to anybody who downloads
the free distribution?  I have been assuming the former.

Ian