Subject: Re: Open Content woes
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:31:28 +0200

"Viral" is clearly pejorative ... I do not need to ask an audience.

An given what journalists can do with words (see "hacker"), I do
believe that Richard's concern is well founded.

The other point is that in my opinion "viral" is a misnomer,
as was well agued by Bruce.

To me there is one obvious word that describes the propagation of the
GPL on derived work, i.e. software offsprings : "hereditary"

--
Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lang/  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Fax  +33 (1) 3963 5469