Subject: Re: law from the bottom up
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:52:34 +0200

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 11:00:50AM -0700, Stig Hackvšn wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 07:31:28PM +0200, Bernard Lang wrote:
> >
> > "Viral" is clearly pejorative ... I do not need to ask an audience.
> >

> no it's not "clearly" pejorative:

To the average person, it is... even if some professional will see the
abstraction. But this not essential.
  The point is it is a misnomer. Another point about viral spread is that
follows the link of a lattice.

"hereditary" better reflects the hierarchical nature of derivative work.

> language spreads organically...
> ideas spread organically...
> why not law?

because butter does not