Subject: Re: Why just one word? (Re: "On Virus" -- get real)
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:32:25 +0200

As a non-native speaker, I am somewaht puzzled by some aspects of this
terminology discussion.

  It seems that some people like the meaning of "hereditary lincence",
but will rather says "inheritance license". However the same will
propose "persistent license" rather than "persistence license"

The point is:  "hereditary" and "persistent" are both adjectives
               "inheritance" and "persistence" are both noun

Can someone explain this free (open source ?) use of grammatical
structures which is apparently natural to all of you ?

Bernard
What do you want ? Free grammar or free speech ?

--
Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lang/  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Fax  +33 (1) 3963 5469