Subject: Re: "Not yet"?
From: "L. Peter Deutsch" <ghost@aladdin.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:42:18 -0700

> Would it work to say in your copyright terms "this program and all
> derivatives will be relicensed under the GPL as of mm/dd/yyyy"?  People
> could redistribute the binaries, but would be legally obliged to escrow
> those sources until that date, and send them to all their recipients then.

That's an interesting idea.  It would "mechanize" what I do now with the
AFPL.  And it would save me some work, since I wouldn't have to re-release
the software "manually" with the GPL.

--

L. Peter Deutsch         |       Aladdin Enterprises :::: ghost@aladdin.com
203 Santa Margarita Ave. | tel. +1-650-322-0103 (AM only); fax +1-650-322-1734