Subject: Re: Open Content woes
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:27:16 -0600 (MDT)

	rms> Someone asked whether licensing a trademark for use in a
	rms> specific free book could mean forfeiting it.  I recently
	rms> asked our lawyer about a similar situation, and he said that
	rms> licensing X does not imply licensing Y.  Licensing the use in
	rms> screen shots in a manual would not imply licensing any other
	rms> use of the trademark.

    Doesn't this then void the GPL,

I am not sure what you mean by "void the GPL", but I don't see any
conflict.

				    because the user does not have the
    right to modify and redistribute certain parts of the work?

I don't think we are talking about the same scenario, sorry.