Subject: Support as Insurnace article?
From: Phil Hughes <fyl@ssc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 08:26:17 -0800 (PST)

I think the "support as insurance" issue is real important.  I know one
consultant that offers something along these lines.  One of the big
problems with commercial acceptance of Linux is the lack of one place to
call/complain/sue when something doesn't work.  I am finding that
commercial users don't really care about the "parentage" of something that
solves a problem but they are very concerned about 1) it working, and 2)
it continuing to work.

I would welcome an article on this issue for a future issue of Linux
Journal.  If someone is interested in writing it, either contact me or our
editor, Michael K. Johnson at ljeditor@ssc.com.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    E-mail: fyl@ssc.com  Phone: (206)527-3385  Fax: (206)527-2806