Subject: Re: [ppc-mobo] Re: GPL-like hardware design license?
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 05:00:12 -0600 (MDT)

    My work is to create a hardware product. And that's the contribution to your
    community. Superior hardware for your software.

If it requires non-free software, then it isn't a contribution to my
community.  On the contrary, it tends to undermine the community's
resolve, and that weakens us.

Hardware is always getting better, and that is good in general.  But
no particular hardware improvement is worth giving up our freedom for.

However, it may be possible for you to do without the non-free
software, by reverse-engineering it and developing free replacements
for it.  If you want to do that, I will help you find people to do the
work.