Subject: Re: [openip] Re: License -> back on track
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 05:00:56 -0600 (MDT)

    Hi, that's right but I use it to describe the mix of different
    things, hardware & software found on 'openip.org'. It's not
    related to any legal assumption

"Intellectual property" is a legal term, and nothing but.
Its meaning is a broad category which includes copyrights, patents,
trademarks, and other things as well.

If that's not what you mean, that's an additional reason to use some
other term instead.  Everyone who knows what "intellectual property"
means will only get confused by using the term for something else.

If you want a term to include both hardware and software, I suggest
the term "anyware".