Subject: Re: GNU License for Hardware
From: "Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona" <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:17:48 +0200 (CEST)

Ben_Tilly@trepp.com writes:
 > He is way ahead of you.  Furthermore Debian fans do NOT agree with you
 > that not using RPMs is a bad thing.  Personally I have to admit to liking
 > .debs over RPMs.  But I do agree on the source issue.  I happen to know
 > some of the reasons why it has not happened (eg many packages do
 > not have source available, how do you verify that the versions actually
 > match), but it is still irritating.

	I'm sorry to disagree, but at least *all* packages in main
section of Debian are available in source form. A great effort is
being made in Debian to be sure that everything in main can be
distributed in source and binary forms. And it is.

	Saludos,

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona             | Departamento de Informatica
                                       | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
jgb@computer.org                       |
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones     | Mostoles, Spain