Subject: Re: GNU License for Hardware
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:26:00 -0700

   Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:17:38 -0500
   From: David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu>

   On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 11:42:41PM +0100, Angelo Schneider wrote:

   > Richard Stallman wrote:
   >
   > > which is rare in the OSS movement.  In my experience, people who
   > > firmly reject non-free software do so at least partly based on the
   > > moral disapproval which is the basis of the Free Software movement.
   >
   > That is a strange experiance. Why should anybody have moral reasons
   > not to use free software?

   I assume you meant not to use non-free software, in which case you need
   to take a look at www.gnu.org. Anyway, if you believe writing non-free
   software is wrong, then using it perpetuates the behavior of writing
   non-free software.

It seems to me that the sentence is:

   ...people who firmly reject non-free software do so partly because
   they disagree with the Free Software movement's "moral disapproval"
   attitude.

Is that what was meant?

brian