Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:46:39 +0200

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 08:57:14PM +0000, Crispin Cowan wrote:
> >     Crispin> Now *this* claim would seem to be rather specific, and
> >     Crispin> need supporting.  Why would an all-free-software world be
> >     Crispin> a poor world?

  Questions (I do not have the answers):

  whould we have Gnome and KDE in their present state, if it were not
for the competition of proprietary software ?

  Isn't it the case that the development model of free-software tends
to be centered around the needs of the experts, i.e. those who can
develop a technical answer to need ?

  Why are they so few free multimedia tools ... do they appear as
frivolous to the average power user ?

  Should games be free ? What about novels ?

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX