Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:22:50 +0200

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 09:32:17AM -0400, Ben_Tilly@trepp.com wrote:
> I rather think that my experience as a mathematician is more
> relevant than your experience as an economist when it comes to
> firing integrals off.  I likewise think that you should not dismiss the
> judgement of programmers out of hand when it comes to
> identifying what factors matter for software development.

... nor for that matter dismiss the judgement of mathematicians, since
the development of software (at least free/open-source software) is
very similar to the development of mathematics ... and this is not due
to chance, as Curry and Howard might confirm.
  ... and there is not too much proprietary mathematics.

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX