Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:30:41 -0600 (MDT)

    I'd love to delegate such unpleasant work to a free software business;
    since nobody seems to be interested, I'll settle for a proprietary
    firm.  And have, in a very few cases.

This shows where we disagree about values--I would act differently in
the same in the same situation.  I think this difference in values
explains why we reach different conclusions.  I think the paper you
plan to write will be an exploration of the consequences of your
values.

But the reiteration of those values will encourage other people to
adopt them.  I think that would be unfortunate.